Today i am sharing information about How to apply birth Certificate in Chandigarh, Birth Certificate is the most important identity document, It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of one’s birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service. Chandigarh Administration Provided information about How to obtain birth certificate, and Birth certificate application download link also provided in their official Website. People Just logon to http://chandigarh.gov.in and download Birth Certificate application through online.
Step by Step procedure for issue of Birth Certificate
- The application forms are available free of cost from the office of The Registrar (Births & Deaths) (Download Form).
- The fully filled application form duly signed by the applicant is submitted to the Registrar Births & Deaths.
- The cashier/ clerk/ computer operator receives the application with required fee and applicant is given a receipt.
- This fee can also be paid in treasury on treasury challan form T.R.6. The required certificate can be collected personally or by post giving self addressed envelope with the application.
- Any member of the family can apply for this Certificate
Fee Receipt/ Copy of Challan if paid in Treasury.
Details mentioned in the form are verified from the actual records of nursing homes and hospitals in case of birth. In case the birth is not registered within 21 days then the registration is made on verification conducted through revenue authorities. For registering Birth after one year, the registration takes place in the court of the SDM.
Prescribed Time Schedule
The Birth Certificate is issued to the applicant in 7 working days.
Addresses of Concerned Officers
Civil Surgeon cum District Registrar, Births and Deaths at District Level for Rural Area.
Executive Officer/ Local Registrar, Births and Deaths in Municipal Committee for Urban Area.
Fee for one copy of Certificate: Rs. 21/-
Search fees for one year : Rs. 2/-
Registrar ( Birth and Death) Dr. Harshwardhan , 30 Bays Building, Sector 17, Chandigarh 9417307588.
If you have any Questions, inquires, Comments etc. regarding this Post, feel free to ask any Questions on this via Comment