Aadhaar card correction changes? there you go complete guide on how to make uidai correction changes online. With the help of the following guide, you will get to know the complete step by step procedure on how to make necessary uidai correction changes online or via offline.
It’s pretty common that most of the people will do mistakes while applying for the new aadhaar card. Once they were done with the procedure and receiving the uidai card, then after they will do realize what the mistake they had done.
Soon, we are in a hurry to make aadhaar card correction changes to our card nearby any aadhaar card enrollment centers. But most of them have no proper knowledge of it. To keep this in mind we are written this guide for you.
Basically, there are three ways for the aadhaar card correction one is through online, another one is sending the post to their correspondence address, and the last one is to contact the aadhar card enrollment office.
It’s all up to you to choose any one of the methods. We at uidai shared a complete guide on this below do check it out. Also, be noted that if you have any doubts related to aadhaar card correction then do leave a comment here at the end of the post. One of our team members will help you out related to this.
Aadhaar Card UIDAI Correction Detailed Info
As we do already state that there are three methods. First of all, we would like to go for the online method, followed by post method and contacting the nearest enrollment office.
Online UIDAI Correction With Images:
With the help of the online, you can make the following correction changes to your UIDAI card online:
- Date Of Birth
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
Here is the official link that you need to visit please don’t be a hurry. There are certain guidelines that you have to follow before to proceed with online uidai correction changes. We to updated those details below do check it out.
This is just to let you know that the UIDAI government had made some changes to their portal website. for the people who are looking out for an aadhaar self-service updated portal.
- If your mobile number is not reregistered with your aadhaar card then you can’t make any aadhaar card correction changes and only option that you have to contact the nearest aadhaar enrollment center.
If your mobile number is registered with aadhaar card. Then you can make all the necessary aadhar card correction changes to your card.
Guidelines That You Need To Follow:
For Name Change:
If you would like to change the name of your card. You have to follow below rules:
1. Don’t mention the salutations/titles before that name, for example, Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc. In a hurry, most of the high qualified people 😛 will tend to do this.
2. Fill the application form in capital letters.
3. Verify your name over and over again, and don’t repeat the mistake as you done like previous.
4. Before proceeding any changes you need to verify your mobile number through OTP – one-time password. ( Mobile number that you have given at the time of enrollment ).
5. Note: You don’t need to mention the old name details, just entered the right name and click on submit.
6. For the correction of the name change, you need to provide at least one POI – proof of Identity document. The complete list of proof of identity documents was mentioned below do check it out.
Every year there are at least 5 Lakh+ people are making aadhaar card correction changes, and in that 80%, people are choosing the address section.
This is mostly happening because shifting from one location to other location, changing the residential details, moving out from rent to new house vice versa. UIDAI is so strict in this section, they simply won’t update your correction change unless and until you provide the valid documents. Those documents are subjected to verification.
- Upon conformation you will get new aadhaar card to your updated address. Here are the things that you need to follow before make any updates.
Here are the things that you need to follow before making any corrections
1. Don’t enter the old address in the application form.
2. Just fill out with the new address.
3. Attach the necessary documents – the only valid proof document is enough – make sure that attached document is color scanned one.
4. In the part of C/O updating – you also need to attach the address proof documents – but, it’s not mandatory to mention them in the document section.
5. Verify it again and submit the application form- At the end of the section you need to note down the update request number ( URN ) in order to check the updated status of your application – here is the guide check urn status online.
6. That’s it. Below we do attach the POA – Proof of address documents do check it out. Only one color scanned document is enough for it.
If you still have any doubts related to the aadhaar card/uidai correction. Then do leave a comment here at the end of the post.
DOB – Date of Birth Correction
If you woule like to change the date of birth. You need to follow the below gudielines.
- You are allowed to change the date of birth only at once – This is what they stated on their official website:
- You can update Date of Birth from Declared to Verified only once. In case your Verified Date of Birth is incorrect in the Aadhaar letter, you can get it corrected only once.
2. The date of birth must be followed by this rule only:
DDMMYYYY – Format only
3. Attach the necessary documents – as we said earlier – attach the colored scanned documents.
4. That’s it – Also don’t forget to save the urn number and acknowledgment number. With the help of the URN number, you can track the update request status online.
5. Here we do attach the list of DOB documents at the end of the section do check it out
6. That’s the complete procedure to make uidai correction online.
Gender / Mobile Number / Email Id:
Apart from Name, Address, DOB if you would like to make aadhaar card correction for Gender/Email Id / Mobile Number.
In this case, you need not mention any documents. But for mobile number change you will receive an OTP for the process of verification.
While making aadhaar card correction if you were unable to find:
- Pin code
In that case, you can contact UIDAI through Email Id: email@example.com. If you don’t get any reply from them contact the nearest enrollment center.
Note: Don’t forget to note down URN number at the end of the correction form submission. However, you receive the update changes to your mobile number. Consider URN as a first priority.
That’s the complete procedure via online. In case if you would like to make uidai correction via sending a post to UIDAI here is the guide for you.
UIDAI Correction – Send Through Post
If you ever been into online e-filling application form, then this procedure is for you. This another alternative method. Since, the procedure is same as the above one but with a little tweaks in filling the aadhaar card correction form.
1. First of all, you need to download the application form from here: Link to download the application form.
2. Please do fill out the application form both in the local language as well as English ( Only capital letters ).
3. Correction of any one of the details like Name, address, date of birth, required at least one color scanned documents.
4. Same as like above date of birth should be in DDMMYYYY format.
5. Require at least one document for each aadhaar correction, for example, if you want to change the date of birth you need to attach one color scanned DOB and if you want to change the name attach one proof of Identity document – below are the list of attached documents.
6. Once you have done all the uidai aadhaar card correction changes, the next step is to buy an envelope to send the post.
On top of the envelope write ” Aaadhaar Card Correction / Update changes ” and send it to any one of the following address which we mentioned below. Make sure to verify all those documents before sending the post.
Here is the complete address:
- Post Box Number 10
- Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
- Post Box No. 99,
- Banjara Hills,
- Hyderabad – 500034,
Send the aadhar card correction changes application form along with necessary documents attached to it. Once the UIDAI received the application they will thoroughly be checked your details. If you want to change the address, they will verify the address first upon confirmation a new updated aadhaar card will be received to your address.
That’s the complete procedure to make aadhaar card correction changes by sending through the post. If you want to know complete article related to this information do check out here – aadhaar self-service update portal.
Here is the another method apart from online and offline:
If you don’t want to make aadhaar card correction changes either via online or sending the post. There is an another alternative method where you can easily make necessary correction changes without filling the online application or worrying about the URN status online.
Contact The Nearest Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center
There you go another method. All you have to suppose to do is to contact the nearest enrollment center. Here we share step by step information on how to contact the nearest enrollment center.
First of all, you have to suppose to visit the link here: Official Link
Once you check out that link the web page will look alike as follows:
The next step that you have to do is enter the details which were shown on the screen like as follows:
- Select state
- Locality Area
- Also, do check ”Only permanent centers“.
Once you fill up those details now click on search.
Within a fraction of second, you will get to know the list of adhaar card enrollment centers with contact numbers and working period time.
All you have to do now is:
- Take the xerox copy of your UIDAI aadhaar card
- Note down whatever changes that you suppose to do
- From the list of documents POI/POA/DOB choose the documents as per your need
- Prefer color scanned documents.
- Download the aadhaar card correction application form here.
- Take two to three color photographs.
That’s it. Now, the next step is to move out to the aadhaar card enrollment center and let them know what correction changes that you want to make.
- Handover all the details which they were asked and submit the application form thereby itself.
- Note down the URN number for future reference and also take the printout of Acknowledgment number.
With the help of the aadhaar card uidai portal, you can track the status of your correction request instantly. Once you done with correction changes you will receive an acknowledgment number.
That’s the complete procedure to make aadhaar card correction changes. Below we do share the complete list of documents that are required to make aadhaar card corrections, and also most frequent asked questions regarding UIDAI correction.
Proof Of Identity – Documents
- Ration card
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving License
- Photo Credit card/debit card
- Kissan photo passbook
The above are the mandatory list of documents for POI.
Proof of Address:
- Voter Id Card
- Ration Card
- Bank Statement / Passbook
- Electricity Bill
DOB – Date of Birth Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Certificate
The above one list are the mandatory documents.
Here is the list of most frequent asked questions:
Q. How may days it will take to get my updated aadhaar card?
A. It completely depends on what changes that you want to make. If you corrected your name or dob it will take around 10 to 15 days
Q. I didn’t note down the URN number? How Can I Track the status?
A. Without URN number you can’t track the status of your application. However, the UIDAI will do send the messages to your mobile number if it is registered while enrolling or making uidai correction changes.
Q. I noted down the URN number, How can I track the status of correction changes application?
A. If you have the URN number you can track the status: here.
Q. I would like to know the more detailed information about the UIDAI correction?
A. Here we have written the complete guide here: Aadhaar self service update portal.
If you have still any doubts related to the aadhaar card correction changes do leave a comment here.