Here below you can find details for apply HINDU MARRIAGE REGISTRATION and REQUIREMENTS & PRECAUTIONS.
How to Registration of Hindu Marriage Application
Click on above image, then it will open “Registration of Hindu Marriage Application”
Fill Applicant Details
- Application Number
- Mobile Number
- Whether the marriage has been performed
Fill PARTICULARS for both HUSBAND & WIFE
- Full Name of Parties
- Select Caste
- Date of Birth
- Age at Solemnization of the Marriage
- Date of solemnization of Marriage
- Rank or Profession
- Permanent Place of Residence
- Place with Names of mandal and District at which marriage was solemnized
- Marriage Type
- Marriage Venue
- Choose SRO Office
- Time Slot
- Father (Name in Full)
- Mother (Name in Full)
- No of Certificate Copies
- Whether Bride or Bridegroom is a divorcee
Upload “Documents List”
- Wedding Card
- Date of Birth Proof,SSC Marks Memo, Passport, Birth certificate issued by Local Bodies, Notary affidavit or any other proof(Both Husband and Wife)
- Marriage Photo
- Residence Proof(Both Husband and Wife)
- Bride minimum age at the solemnisation of marriage – 18 years completed.
- Bridegroom minimum age at the solemnisation of marriage – 21 years completed.
- Form A in duplicate along with payment of prescribed fee.
- Wedding invitation card.
- A photograph of marriage ceremony capturing both wife and husband.
- Residential proof of either of the spouse.
- Copies of SSC Certificates of wife and husband or passport copies (for Date of Birth proof).
- Three witnesses to sign in the form.
- Three witnesses to sign in the register of Registrar office.
Check thrice the details filled in the Form A. Names of the bride and groom shall always be tallied with the names given in the passport/SSC and other certificates. Otherwise, at the time of issuance of visa and other certificates, you may have to face problem.
It is advisable to mention the name of the wife (bride) before and after marriage at Sl.No. 1 of the Form A. Before marriage, the surname usually belongs to father’s family. And after marriage, the surname of the husband’s family is adopted. So it is advisable, to mention two names as
name (before marriage), and name (after marriage).
Eg. Wife (bride) name before marriage – Akaram Kumari;
Wife (bride) name after marriage – Vennem Kumari (Vennem is the surname of husband’s family).
Check the certificate issued by the Sub Registrar office and if there are any discrepancies in the names or any other details, immediately bring them to the notice of the Sub Registrar and get them rectified.
In case of any discrepancy in the details found subsequently in the marriage certificate issued by the Sub Registrar, there is a cumbersome procedure involved to get rectify such discrepancies.
The Marriage can be registered either –
- At the Sub Registrar Office where the marriage venue is situated,
- At the Sub Registrar Office in whose jurisdiction either wife or husband has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.
Registrar may attend the marriage ceremony in person and register the same if he is requested to do so by submitting all the papers, prescribed fee in advance, if it (time) is convenient to him.
It is advised to take all the precautions and thorough check of the documents during marriage registration itself.
Rule relating to marriage registration under Hindu Marriage Act is extracted hereunder:
5. (1) An application for the registration of a Hindu Marriage, shall be in Form ‘A’ and shall be signed by each party to the marriage or by the guardian of such party and shall be presented in person before the Registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnized or before the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.
For better understanding of the statutory position, the relevant portion of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 is given below:
Section 5. Conditions for a Hindu marriage
- A marriage may be solemnised between any two Hindus, if the following conditions are fulfilled, namely,-
- neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage;
- at the time of the marriage, neither party- is incapable of giving a valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind; or
- though capable of giving a valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children; or
- has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity or epilepsy;
- the bridegroom has completed the age of twenty one years and the bride, the age of eighteen years at the time of the marriage;
- the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;
- the parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
Reissue Marriage Registration
If anyone want to Reissue of their Marriage Registration Certificate through online, you just follow the below steps in order to apply for Reissue Marriage Registration Online.
Click on above image (or) Click here
Now Select “District” and “Corporation/Muncipality/NP“
Click on “Submit” Button
Now you are redirected to “Memorandum of Marriage (Form-B)” Page
Here you have 3 Options which are followed by “APPLICANT’S INFORMATION, WITNESSES INFORMATION & CHECKLIST”
If you choose APPLICANT’S INFORMATION Option
Fill General Information, Bridegroom Information, Bride Information finnally recheck and click on “Forward” Button
If you choose “WITNESSES INFORMATION” Option
Fill the “Bridegroom Side Witness – First Witness Information – Second Witness Information & Bride Side Witness – First Witness Information – Second Witness Information” finnally recheck and click on “Forward” Button
If you choose “CHECK LIST” Option
Upload “Common Documents and Individual Documents” finnally recheck and click on “Forward” Button
For any queries regarding above topic, tell us through below comment session.